Bentonite Clay: Detoxing Face Mask
Bentonite clay can be used in a variety of ways but I'm focusing on using it as a face mask. For those who may not know, (calcium) bentonite clay is simply a clay formed from volcanic ash and water. It is a phyllosilicate which has high absorbing powers. Its astoundingly strong drawing action cleanses by pulling out impurities while its dynamic binding power captures and eliminates toxins. In addition, the clay's vibrant electromagnetic charge stimulates cellular revitalization.
Bentonite Clay’s Benefits
- Draws out impurities and toxins from the skin
- Exfoliates dead skin cells and remove flaky dry skin
- Repairs damage skin tissue and encourage skin wounds to heal faster
- Encourages blood flow to the skin
- Tones and tightens face
- Absorbs excess oil from the skin
Leave the mask on until it dries. It will be tight and you may have difficulty smiling but that's all good!
To remove the mask, rinse with warm water then use a wet wash cloth to remove any residue. You may also try applying a warm face cloth to your face for few minutes. Then, use the face cloth to gently wipe away the clay.
- Remember that bentonite clay swells so a little goes a long way. Start with no more than 1/2 Tbsp of clay. That should be enough for one application.
- Never use metal utensils with bentonite clay. Stick to plastic or wood.
For other variations to this mask, read this post - How to Use Bentonite Clay Masks for Beautiful, Glowing Skin
To learn more about the effects of bentonite clay on the face, go here.
Bentonite clay may also be used to do a full body detox, read about that here.