Foundation for Oily Skin Types: Revlon ColorStay Makeup

I have had immense trouble fighting an oily T-zone for years. Have you? I've switched up the make-up I use and give it a few hours and I was right back to shining through the make-up. Granted, I used to only use a powder as I was never much into make-up (never a foundation). I used the powder simply to help take the shine "out" when I was going out etc.

To date, I have tried Iman Loose powder, Black Opal pressed powder, no-name brand pressed powders and Sasha. My most recent purchase was Sasha 2-in-1 Foundation and Pressed Powder in Perfect Bronze from Shuuz Plus and I love it! My least favorite cosmetic brand has been the Black Opal. I swear Black Opal makes black look ashy but that is just my opinion entirely. If it works for you, kudos!

But even tho I have fallen in love with the Sasha foundation and powder, I was still 'shining thru' my make-up a few hours into wear. Then one day I happened upon a post in the Facebook natural hair group, Natural Soul Sista, where someone was asking what was the best foundation for oily skin. Revlon ColorStay was mentioned and it was available locally so I went out and purchased it a few weeks later.



Ladies, I have found a winner! This liquid foundation is the B-O-S-S! Not one spot of shine - all day!!! You must trust that I would never lie to you about a product. This foundation is definitely a keeper for me!

I purchased it at Glenette's on Newgate Street (Antigua) in 440 Mahogany. I am convinced that the color is a tad bit too dark for me so I do plan to try one shade up the next time I go, but for the most part, I am sold. They did not have a Revlon powder in my shade (bummer) so it was paired with a Black Opal loose powder. In store it looked fine but when I got home and tried it out I hated it! I have put it aside and am using the Revlon ColorStay foundation with my Sasha products. However, I am using it rather backwards, as we would say in Antigua. I apply a thin layer of Revlon ColorStay then apply my Sasha foundation over it and finish with my Sasha powder. It works! As I said, I think the color I got is a bit dark for me and the yellow undertone in Sasha brings it together nicely. You can actually say that I am using the Revlon as a sort of matifier.

So, if you are having problems finding the perfect make-up for your oily skin, try the Revlon ColorStay. You will not be disappointed!

Revlon ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex for Combination/Oily Skin

Want makeup that is flawless and weightless for 24 perfect hours? Revlon has the solution - ColorStay™ Makeup. Specially formulated for combination or oily skin, this oil-free formula helps control shine all day and gives you flawless looking skin. Makeup looks fresh and feels great for up to 24 hours thanks to the lightweight, comfortable feel from the ColorStay™ formula.

Medium to full coverage, with SPF 6 protection*.

*Golden, Caramel, Toast, Rich Ginger, Cappuccino, Mahogany, and Mocha do not contain SPF.
  • Contains patented ColorStay TM longwear technology for up to 16-hour wear
  • Provides medium to full coverage with a semi-matte finish
  • Oil-free Fragrance-free
  • Transfer-resistant




Comments

  1. Hello! I am interested in this product and I would like to know the price for it please.
    Thank you! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skin problems are taking different dimension, if you are looking for a perfect skin type then consult a doctor and take a lab test. The result will give you perfect solution

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Talk back to me!

Popular Posts