Simple yet Chic Hairstyle Tutorial
This quick and easy hairstyle is both chic and poppin'. Here's how to achieve it:
- Section out the front of your hair and secure with a ponytail or clip. The amount you choose to section off is entirely up to you.
- Comb the rest of your hair into a single braid down the center of your head. I did a single congo plait and tucked the end under. You may use some gel to ensure that your hair 'behaves' if needs be.
- Damp the hair you sectioned out and using your favorite twist out gel/cream/product do some chunky two-strand twists.
- Wrap your hair and go to sleep!
- In the morning, untwist your hair using your favorite oil on your finger tips (I used coconut oil). Separate each section of the twist into three to get a fuller twist out. Using the tail of a rat tail comb lift the roots of your twist outs for additional volume.
- Style your twist out in the direction that best suits your face. Mines fell to the right.
**Because my twist outs don't last more than a day, I redid the twists the following night. The plait will last as long as you want it to. I simply gave it some shine with a light rub of coconut oil each morning.
VARIATIONS TO THIS STYLE
- A much fuller, chunkier twist out can be achieved by sectioning off a lot more hair.
- Instead of a single plait down the center of your head, you can do two plaits from the bottom up towards the twist out.
|Chunkier twist out. Ideal for those with thick manes.|
|Two plaits from bottom up towards the twist outs|