KimmayTube's pH-Balanced Leave-In Conditioner


In the natural hair community I think one of the things we go through the fastest is CONDITIONER! An 8oz bottle doesn't last a very long time, at least not for me. If you're a Youtube junkie then you most likely have come across the KimmayTube's recipe for a pH-balanced Leave-In conditioner. My hair demands moisture every day therefore I like to use this as a daily leave-in treatment. Everyone brags on this recipe. I like it because it STRETCHES my leave-in conditioner and that's a good thing when a bottle of conditioner is approx. EC$22.00 - $25.00!

The recipe uses:
  • 2 Tbsp Leave-In Conditioner
  • 2 Tbsp Aloe Vera Juice
  • 2 Tsp Jojoba Oil
  • 2 Tsp Castor Oil

This will make enough for either 1# or 2# applications depending on the length of your hair. Because my hair is short, I get 2# uses out of it.  This mix will need to be refrigerated if you make more than enough for 1# application as aloe vera juice goes bad fairly quickly.

The original leave-in conditioner for this recipe is the Kinky Curly Knot Today. However, any leave-in conditioner can be used. I use the Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner. What I did the last time I made this is use 5 Tbsp of conditioner and 5 Tbsp of aloe vera juice with 1 Tbsp of each oil. I mixed that together and poured it into an old conditioner bottle and stored it in the refrigerator. Now I can just pull this out the refrigerator daily and use and return to storage instead of mixing every other day. Sweet.

Here is a good video showing how to make this mix as well as testing the pH balance of the mixture. This Youtuber used both the Kinky Curly Knot Today as well as the Giovanni Leave-In conditioners.




If you are wondering what is pH-balance and why it is important when it comes to hair care, take a listen to this short informative clip.



I do recommend that you try this on your hair as it is awesome; not to mention (again) that it prolongs the life of your conditioner!

Happy hair day dolls xo

Comments

Popular Posts