Information Overload? Learn to Discern

There are so many oils/products out there that is good for our natural hair. When I first decided to take care of my natural mane I was overwhelmed by the insane amount of information I found on the web! However, you don't have to let this happen to you too! 

Most oils are good for your hair but you do NOT need to have every one of them on your dresser! The best advice I can give any new natural is to experiment with few at a time. Your hair will tell you what it likes and what it flat out HATES. Just listen. Once you've found your balance - stick w/ it! 

Every day I read a new blog post of what product or oil is great for my hair but I simply smile and keep reading. I have not yet found my niche when it comes to my hair but I no longer get that feeling of anxiety of wanting to get every product/oil I read about! 

Now when you get to that stage you KNOW you have officially matured as a natural sista.

Here are a few products which are great for our hair with a brief description of what it does for it. I plan on trying my hand, or hair rather, at coconut oil for sealing as it is said to be perfect for that, not to mention - lightweight!  I've tried shea butter but find that it is way too heavy for my thin strands.

Enjoy x


1. Shea Butter – this helps to reduce the amount water that is lost in your hair. It melts easily in hair and absorbs into dry hair well.

2. Coconut Oil – this ingredient is perfect for sealing moisture into the hair. Also, it helps to make your natural hair shine instead of it looking dull.

3. Aloe Vera – It helps to restore the pH levels of the scalp. Also, aids with hair growth.

4. Jojoba Oil – Works to fix damaged ends.

5. Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Used often for as a deep conditioner. It helps to seal moisture and softens the hair.

6. Avocado Oil – Works great as a conditioning treatment. Packed with vitamins A, D, and E, this oil helps to improve hair growth.

7. Vegetable Glycerin – Helps your hair lock in moisture by creating a layer of oil over your hair’s strands.

8. Castor Seed Oil – Ensures a clean scalp. If you had a hair loss, it helps to increase the thickness of thinning edges.

9. Sesame Oil – Protects the hair from harsh temperatures.

10. Tea Tree Oil – Used a remedy for dry scalp, but should not be over applied.

11. Grapeseed Oil – It is a light oil that easily absorbed by natural hair.

12. Sweet Almond Oil – Helps to get rid of flaky, itchy scalp.

Comments

Popular Posts